Saturday, September 23, 2006

In all seriousness

A super friend of mine (who does not have diabetes) turned me on to a blog he found of a man, a writer, a relic of the tech-bomb days, who has made cycling a lifestyle and a way to fight his diabetes - thecyclingdiabetic. Just as a warning, if blogs were rated, this probably would not be a G. Don't miss "the nice round ass in front of me: carrot on a stick."

Dealing with diabetes day in day out is an uphill climb. You can't let let yourself go, because you'll just slide back down that hill. You push hard to be healthy and strong inside. You fight to regulate something that a normal person does not devote even one waking thought to. I think in the history of man, anyone who ever found happiness, especially in the face of adversity, had to have a sense of humor. Every time I test my blood sugar or give myself an insulin shot, I'm reminded of my mortality and that's not very funny. But thinking about a 50yr old diabetic dude "chasing tail" on a road bike is...

No comments: