Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cha cha cha changes

Even though I'm a few years out of college, I feel like I have less direction in my life since leaving school. The more I learn , the more I realize how much I don't know. The more I work, the more I realize I'm not really sure what I want to do. Perhaps for most people, a career is just a patch work of experiences. One year here. Two years there. Have you ever had a feeling of impending failure? That a path you chose wasn't what you thought it would be? That you made the wrong decision. That you will be disappointed. That you made a mistake. I think these are the thoughts that come with big changes in life, because with change comes events and circumstances that are unknown and unfamiliar. I've had the good fortune of making good big decisions thus far, thanks to luck or reason but probably a combination of both. But I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that mistakes in life are inevitable. Sometimes things aren't what we think they will be. But other times we need to give it a chance. Sometimes we need to push ourselves. Other times we need to know when it takes more strength to give it up. With change comes fear, but also great potential. I have to learn to love the journey, not the destination.

1 comment:

xluox said...

well, this article is very worth to read. sometimes i have the same feelings: "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't konw."
And I wish you always be healthy!