blood sugar 106. the sun is fighting through the clouds. after a week of terrible traffic on the US101 and gas the cheapest gas at $4.50 a gallon in the bay area, I didn't have to drive today. I miss having a job in the city (of San Francisco) we're off to a good start for the weekend.
I recently joined tu diabetes, a social network for people with diabetes...or people who want to be in a social network with people with diabetes. People are really friendly. I've already got a few "welcome!" messages and a request to post a picture and put more information about myself. I feel more comfortable sharing my deepest, painful, happy, etc. thoughts here on this blog than I am about posting a picture of myself. I think this also stems from me perhaps not entirely comfortable having diabetes as a part of my identity. I'm not ready to post a picture. I'm not ready to completely bridge those two worlds. I feel sometimes like I'm not entirely "out-of-the-diabetes-closet", more particularly in my professional life. I was recounting the story of diabetes with one co-worker, whom I like and trust, and I mentioned Justin coming with me to the ER and he was like...wait, so this is relatively recent then (Since we've only been dating for 3 years)? I don't think people at work realize I haven't had this my whole life. I think he's the only one. There's that saying, to be a good lier you have to have a good memory. Except I'm not lying about anything. I'm just operating on a need-to-know basis where I don't think people I work with need to know everything. Generally, maybe it's better if people I spent a lot of time with know more about me. I ask myself, what's the worst that thing that can happen? What's the worst thing that they can possibly think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment